The Market is currently closed for the season. Due to Covid-19 and all the unknowns surrounding the virus, vaccinations, and mask mandates, all information regarding the 2021 market season is subject to change without notice. Nothing is set in stone and decisions made about the market now might change in two months, two weeks, or even two days. No decisions have been made yet about opening date, times, special events, or number of vendors. Please also follow our Facebook page for updates and information. Thank you for your understanding.
(Updated February 2021)
So, you want to be a vendor?
What You Need Before Applying:
1. WV Business License
2. Liability Insurance
3. Your product needs to be made or grown on your property or in your facility.
If you have these few things or are in the process of getting them or are just interested in seeing what it takes, send an email to email@example.com with “New Vendor Question” in the subject line.
At some point in January, an email will be sent inviting you to apply online at Manage My Market (https://managemymarket.com/) with a link to the application page. Applications will be accepted during a designated time frame. Please read this email carefully. All the necessary instructions will be included.
After the application window closes the list of applicants will be sent to the market management committee where those that applied will be assessed. Returning vendors will get first dibs. New applicants will be assessed on what the applicant is selling, what the market needs, potential competition, etc.
In a short time, you will be notified whether your app was accepted or not and what the next steps are. A vendor orientation meeting will be held in March, though attendance is not mandatory it is suggested. It’s a good chance to meet your fellow vendors, get to know the rules and to find out about what CTFM, GAP, and Charles Town are up to.
Please familiarize yourself with the Market Policies…
If You’re Accepted, You’ll Need:
1. A Market Tent
2. Tent Weights
3. Your Business Signage
Vendor Do’s and Don’ts
- Learn the setup procedure including load-in and load-out.
- Learn and adhere to Market Policies
- Be on time.
- After arriving, unload your vehicle then park then setup.
- Be aware of your neighbors. Be courteous.
- If you have a tent, have tent weights.
- When selling at a market or an event you are representing not only yourself but the organization and community you are selling in
- Don’t complain about other vendors, market personnel, or other customers in front of customers.
- Don’t leave your booth without telling your neighbors.
- Don’t expect the customer to know everything.